My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Confessions of a Country Music Fan

Looking back...it was probably somewhere around the age of 5. My mom would play her Kenny Rogers tape every Saturday and Sunday morning...soon, I started requesting it on evenings when it was just 'the girls' at home and my dad was at work. No one every really wants to admit that they know how or when it started. But there it is, plain as day, solid proof that I have always been a country music fan.

It's taken me awhile to build up the courage and stregth to admit this. I masked it by saying, oh, i just like a few songs...or Nashville North just has really nice people...but the truth is, I have always been a country music fan.

When I lived with Michelle in second year...I rolled my eyes at her obsession with country music and joked that I was being a strong person to tolerate it. But Michelle knows the truth...I would borrow her cd's and request specific tracks off of her favourites.

Thanks to Shania Twain I started to listen to country a little more freely - she was practically mainstream, no one could begrudge me that.

But it wasn't until recently that I realized something...my Tim McGraw Greatest Hits CD is the second most played cd in my car! (second only to John Mayer) ...and I have the Dixie Chicks first CD...that was released in 1998..cleary this is not a new obsession.

me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home