My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Eye Advice?

In my never ending plight for eyes that 'pop'. I just have to say, why is eye make up so time consuming and difficult. I'll never figure it out.

I've tried everything to make my eyes pretty:

The fake eyelashes, while alleviating the need for eye makeup they were just uncomfortable and stiff looking.

The two step mascara - while it's meant to condition and lenghten my lashes...when you barely have any, nothing's really going to work. I need something that thickens and lengthens - do these makeup companies not understand when I say I barely have any lashes?? And while waterproof is great if I'm going to go to they gym - how the heck do I get it off at the end of the day?

Eyeshadow...what's the rule here? Do you match your eyeshadow to your outfit? Is it kosher to use just one colour or should you blend? After all, they usually come in eyeshadow trios or quads...do you have to use all of the colours on the pallet? And powder, versus cream, versus the stuff in the tube - which is best?

Eyeliner...bottom and top lash line? Are colours acceptable? Thick line or thin line? What's the rule there? I've heard that a line half way to the centre of your upper lash line makes your eyes look bigger, but all I eve got was people saying..."your eyeliner's not on properly."

Personally I'm thinking it's just not worth the hassle. Someone needs to open my eyes to the wonder that is eye makeup, 'cuz it's stressing me out.

me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lex, I can't believe I'm about to offer advice on makeup (I am not an expert) but the trick to eyeliner is where you put it on the lower level - it has to go right on the rim of the lower eyelid - almost as if you are putting the pencil in your eye, but hit the rim above where the eyelashes come out (definitely not below the eyelashes or amongst them) and see if you notice a difference. I learned this from some cosmetic lady at Holts one day - Jenny made me sit in the chair and get it done - it was near torture, but I learned a good lesson! And don't use colour - use dark brown or black. A good one with a good point is Quo - 'sexy black' from Shoppers. It's smooth and you don't have to sharpen the pencil, you just twist and it comes up.

-kp

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.toptipsforgirls.com/tip/942/how_to_get_the_thickest_eyelashes_ever_in_a_snap/
Lex, use this website to see an interesting tip entitled "How to make your lashes look thicker". enjoy! - Shel.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home