Why do cute shoes hurt?
Why do cute shoes have to hurt so much? I finally got the super hot leopard print shoes I have been wanting since the Dixie Chicks concert! In fact…I got a deal! I happened to be Christmas shopping in Zellers (where else am I going to buy Stuff by Duff for my 3 year old niece?) and there they were on display in the shoe department a whole $20 cheaper than the fancy shoe store and still just as hot.
Of course there was no opportunity to wear them on the weekend so I had to wear them to work today! First of all…if you want attention…leopard print shoes is the way to go. Who knew how many people look at your feet? Or perhaps eyes are more drawn to your feet when you’re dressed in black and the only colour in your outfit are your shoes. But anyways…by 9:36 I found myself slipping my feet out of my shoes and placing them flat on the floor for a bit of a break. By 10:15…I was avoiding any need to get up from my desk…
The problem wasn’t so much the height of the shoes…although the shoes are very high. I think the problem was that one of my feet is bigger than the other!! And consequently, the toes on my left foot are crushed at the front of the shoe being forcibly bent and curled. It’s not a fun feeling. By the afternoon my toes were for all intents and purposes numb, except for the little toe on my right foot which was developing a blister from rubbing against the shoe. I also discovered that when you are excruciating pain...as I was as I hobled to the bus...that it seems to drive heat, which makes you suddenly uncomfortably warm when standing in the freezing cold.
Being the smart shoe gal that I am…I did bring a pair of back up shoes…but after sporting these super cool shoes and showing them off to my coworkers…I didn’t want to slip into my comfy black shoes with a tiny heel. So I toughed it out…and my feet are now recuperating in my fluffy socks…as I limp around my apartment.
In other fashion news…last night on Gilmore Girls Rory was wearing the same orange and beige argyle sweater that my friend Angie owns! It’s always super fun to see clothes you recognize on TV. Like the time Joey on Dawson’s Creek was wearing the very same shirt that I had purchased a few days earlier from the Gap. In fact, being a Gap employee during my university days I often recognized a lot of Gap items on that show, primarily on Joey.
Buy the way, here are the super cute shoes:

me.

2 Comments:
Very Hot! I may have to invest in a pair!
nerak
There are these little padded things you can stick in the front end of high heels. It makes them more comfortable, and it almost makes the heel feel less high. You might consider just putting in one if you beleive one foot is bigger than the other.
Dr. T (fan of cute shoes).
p.s. i bought a pair of red patent leather platform heels from nine west, and can't wait to have them noticed at my work christmas party.
Post a Comment
<< Home