Holiday Spirit
Might seem a little early in the season for a post like this, but I saw the most beautifully decorated Christmas tree in Canadian Tire on Sunday and decided I must emulate it! For the first time I actually regretted not having a camera phone (and actually discovered a justifiable use for one). So I’m thinking I might go back with my own camera to take a picture of it. It had silver and gold ornaments with beautiful ribbon and faux cranberry garland. There were a few red ornaments thrown it to add a splash of colour – it was gorgeous. So I bought a whole bunch of gold and silver ornaments on the spot, and now I’m on the hunt for the perfect ribbon.
I’m determined to enjoy Christmas this year. The last few years things just got stressful and busy and I didn’t enjoy a thing. I didn’t watch one Christmas special or admire one decorated tree. But this year I am marking the airings of the Grinch and Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in my calendar. Hopefully there will even be one of those cheesy made for TV movies about a ‘holiday miracle’ to cry over! I can hardly wait.
I’m sad that I missed the Santa Claus parade last weekend. I actually thought about going…I think about it every year, but never do. I don’t want to wait until I have kids (because we all know that day may never come) so my goal for next year is to attend.
That brings me to resolutions. I’ve made resolutions in the past…but that isn’t my real focus. One year my friends all got together on New Year’s and everyone said something they had ‘accomplished that year’. I was devastated to realize that my life had not changed one bit in the entire year. Some had gotten married, some had started new jobs, some had bought homes or lived abroad. I had done nothing new. It was shocking and a kick in the ass to make every day count.
Since then I’ve concentrated on ‘accomplishing’ something every year. This year, it’s easy, my new job was a big accomplishment. It’s been a challenge and a step in the right direction of achieving my career goals. So now, I’ve got to set myself up for achieving something in the new year. It may not come to me right away, the opportunity may not show up until some random point during the year, but I’ve got to stay focused and aware of the opportunities for ‘achieving’ something new in the 2007.
me.

2 Comments:
Where else to go for admiring "one decorated tree" but Rockefeller Center? How about Christmas in the City?
Dawn
dawn - you know that is my favorite thing ever...don't tempt me...
Post a Comment
<< Home