My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Super, Super Fun Weekend

First I got to spend some quality time catching up Dawn who was visiting from Stamford, CT for the weekend. On Saturday night we met up at Panorama where I got to meet her charming new boyfriend Dave and we were also joined by our dear friend Kristi…who although she only lives a quick 40 minute drive up the 400 in Barrie…I rarely ever see. I won’t get into the details of how I spilled an entire glass of red wine all over Sherry…although, clearly that was the highlight of the evening for my friends and something that they will never let me live down. Needless to say, I owe Sherry big time…including a new shirt.

Sunday we met up again with a few of Dawn’s other friends for brunch at a fabulous place called Bistro & Bakery Thuet on King W. Even though Dawn no longer lives in the city…leave it to her to still pick a fabulous place for brunch! I’m going to have to go back and try their dinner…it’s a really charming cozy place and I highly recommend.

And then to top off an already super fun weekend I went to see my new favourite band of all time – The Dixie Chicks. Third row seats! It was amazing. Natalie Maines may be small, but man, when she opens her mouth can she ever belt it out. The show definitely ranks in my top three concerts of all time (along with John Mayer and Hilary Duff - don’t laugh, it was fun!). Not only am I amazed by their voices (they sounded exactly like their CD – not one note was off the entire night) but seeing them that close confirmed that all three of them are stunningly beautiful. I’m jealous!

One of the best parts for me was when Natalie changed her shoes for the encore and came back on stage with these amazing leopard print stilettos! (That's how close we were, I could inspect her shoes!) I had seen shoes like them in the stores but wasn’t sure I could pull it off. After seeing how cool she looked in them I’ve been inspired and will definitely be getting a pair. I don’t know what’s going on with me. I’ve been obsessed with shoes over the last month. I think my sister Ashley’s obsession is finally rubbing off on me…and I must admit, I’m loving it!

me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home