My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cool chicks

Madonna and the Dixie Chicks were on Oprah yesterday. I love both of them so it was a great episode for me. I was so impressed with Madonna. She spoke so eloquently and clearly. She made all of her points succinently and didn’t get baited into saying anything she didn’t mean too (which Oprah is very good at getting her guests to do). A PR person’s dream. Perhaps I’m biased because I’ve loved her since I was 7…back in the day when I wore ribbons in my hair circa Lucky Star and lace gloves circa Like a Virgin.

It is horrible that people are downing on her for adopting a baby. Brangelina are to be revered, but Madonna – she’s just doing it ‘cuz it’s trendy. C’mon. When has Madonna EVER done something unoriginal. She is the picture of originality and doing what she wants, when she wants. Apparently she and her husband decided about 2 years ago that they wanted to adopt and it’s taken this long to come to fruition. Madonna has money and opportunity and two seemingly healthy and functioning children – why shouldn’t she share all that she has with a child who otherwise may have died. Sometimes this Hollywood media frenzy just pisses me right off.

I have backed off the tabloid reporting in the last few months. I don’t buy those trashy magazines or visit those websites. It’s just not fun anymore. Let them live their lives and stop making mountains out of molehills.

And the Dixie Chicks – I loved them before the George Bush comment…and now I love them even more! Not just because Natalie Maines said what she did, but because they proved what a bunch of hypocritical, backward rednecks a lot of Americans are and still stood their ground. Free speech, people. It’s all Americans ever go on about, yet when someone makes a comment they don’t agree with it’s an “off with their heads” mentality. Just insane. I can hardly wait to see the documentary Shut Up and Sing based on their experiences following her quote. Which by the way when you actually see the footage was said off handedly to lighten the mood and meant as a bit of a joke.

Dixie Chicks are in town next week and I’m dying to go to the show. Might try to swing it if my budget allows…

me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree Lex about your comment about tabloids and celeb websites. Enough is enough. I'd like to see the doc of Dixie Chicks. Let me know when you go.

Nerak

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home