My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Pain and Suffering

I suffered injuries on Saturday night…due to the height of my new shoes. Yes, my shoes. I was too busy recuperating to post this over the last two days. But now that I am over the stress of the event, I feel I can write about it.

Bought myself the super, cutest red patent leather shoes on Saturday. By far the heighest heel I have ever worn. I did debate a bit in the store…I’m not used to teetering around at such heights, but decided they were too cute (and priced right $49.99!) to pass up. I tried them on with my outfit before leaving home for Sherry’s 30th bday bash (Happy Birthday Sher!!) and felt like I was literally getting off of stilts when I took them off to continue putting on my makeup, the height difference was that severe. I should have heeded that all important sign…

Or perhaps I should have heeded the number one rule of new shoes: break them in. Whatever the case…the night ended with a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering…for me.

About 2 hours into the night the pain was immense…not only did the soles of my feet hurt…but my ankles were sore too…probably from being angled at such a steep slant! 3 hours into the night tears were stinging in my eyes on account of the pain. But ever the trooper I tried to dance through the pain, Julia even bought me a drink in an attempt to wash the pain away but alas…to no avail. By 1 am I had spent the last hour leaning against the wall removing one foot from each shoe in 2 mins intervals to give them a break.

My heroes came in the form of my sisters who had joined us for the event, they were leaving early and I begged a ride from them. At this point there was no reason for me to continue…I had become cranky and found everyone in the bar annoying on account of the fact that I couldn’t move and kept getting bumped into by drunk people.

As I limped out of the bar…I couldn’t take it anymore and perhaps the drinks gave me the courage, I removed the offending shoes just after we passed the bouncers and proceeded to walk barefoot down the Toronto street or alleyway as was the case. My sister, Ashley was rightly horrified and instructed me to stay put while she got the car. While I stood with Melissa on the street corner actually relishing the feel of the cool cement on my burning feet, she picked two large leaves from a nearby tree and instructed me to stand on them rather than on the cold street. How sweet.

Needless to say when they dropped me off at my car (at Sherry’s) I drove the rest of the way home barefoot. My feet still weren’t the same yesterday…my regular shoes were all a bit snug…on account of my swollen feet!

So from now on, it’s sit down events only for these shoes…no all night dancing in their future…what, you thought I was never going to wear them again? Ummm…have you seen how cute they are???:


me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I absolutely would love to see them (aren't they the cutest shoes?), but, DO NOT WEAR THEM THIS SATURDAY! Can't wait!

Dawn

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lex,
LOL!!! Your sisters to the rescue...how sweet! For what it is worth, they are nice shoes.

Mary Anne

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are awesome shoes, but I would keep them for the bedroom if I were you!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home