My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Jenny B's Wedding


Super, super fun times yesterday at Jen Batista's wedding!! Jenny looked like a princess in her wedding dress and the day could not have been more perfect!! Not a cloud in the sky and 20 degrees, in fact maybe even warmer in the direct sunlight 'cuz Jules and I even started sweating a bit waiting for the ceremony to begin! The ceremony was held at Dave's family farm, outside in a beautiful field. The highlight of the ceremony was the groomsmen and the groom's entrance on John Deere lawn mowers!! Soooo totally cool and clever! Jen and Dave wrote their own vows which were so beautiful, I had to ask her if they were actually their own, they sounded almost professionally written! Hands down the most awesome wedding ceremony I've ever been to.

I've been looking forward to this wedding since they got engaged...not only because I'd get to see Port Rown (population 1000) that I'd heard so much about from Jen (and by the way Jen - I cannot believe you drove into work from there some mornings!!), but I'd get to spend almost an entire weekend with my GE crew whom I MISS SOOOO MUCH! Staying true to form, we had a blast. I can always count on these girls to have a super fun time no matter where we are.

Oh, and to get the bride and groom to kiss, guests had to sing a song with 'tractor' in it...I suppose a shout out to the grooms obsession with his John Deere's...who knew there were so many song's with tractor in it??? Loved it!

And since the bride admitted to being a loyal reader of my blog, (yea Jen!) here is a list of some things you missed throughout the day:

1. My cell phone ringing in the middle of the ceremony, blasting the Harry Potter theme out while I fumbled to find it in my purse and shut it off! (actually I'm kind of glad you missed that one...I was afraid you guys had heard it up there at the altar, but thankfully only those around me that glared at me with dirty looks heard the phone).

2. Jen Bhar and Bobby call on the way to the motel and to let us know they are running late and ask how the rooms are, I'm like, "well, Jen..." trying to break it to her gently that the Four Season, this ain't. Jen reminds me, "I've been to India Alexis, it can't be that bad"...yet, when she gets to the reception, she greets me with "OMG. That motel room..."

3. Your nephew Josh trash talking Patty the entire day because he's a Leaf fan. It was hilarious!

4. Julia. Fake hair. 'Nuff said...her ponytail was the highlight of many of the evenings jokes. Dean tried to get us all to slowly drive her crazy over the course of the night by making her think her fake ponytail was shifting...always a good time harassing Julia.

5. No sleep at the motel Saturday night...why you ask, because Julia's GOD DAMN phone kept beeping the entire night to alert her that she had messages...BUT...

6. (this brings me to point 6) there was NO HEAT IN OUR MOTEL ROOM it was freezing!!! now we know why the guy shuts down the motel for the winter...it's not winterized (and he'd probably have no customers) but anyways, this was the last weekend he was open before he shut down for the season. And it was also the reason I did not want to get out of bed to throw JULIA's phone out the freakin' door.

Yet despite, and mostly becuase of all this we had a SUPER DUPER AWESOME time. As demonstrated by us being the absolute last people to leave the reception...

me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stories like this made me wish that I had not left GE Canada... at least not that early.

Dawn

9:37 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

Ah, this explains the text message I got that morning.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home