My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Farewell WB, Hello CW

Well, it ended yesterday, the greatness that was The WB. Thanks to my Windsor stint, I was hooked on the WB from day one (our proximity to Detroit meant we got the channel on our regular cable package). Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Felicity, Roswell, Gilmore Girls four of my all time favourite shows originated on the network and that’s not to mention One Tree Hill, Smallville, What I Like About You and Summerland.

I still remember the trailer for Felcity they showed for weeks before the show started it featured, The Power of Goodbye, by Madonna…looking back was probably a catalyst in getting me to watch the show. After a semester of the show, when I moved back home in January 1999, the prospect of life without Felicity just could not be imagined and I personally took up the cause of getting the more expensive cable package so that we could get the WB at home. I took over responsibility for the cable bill at my parents home just to insure I wouldn’t miss a WB thing.

It all ended yesterday with a tribute to their greatest shows by airing the original episodes of Felcity, Buffy, Angel and Dawson’s. However I missed it. (Yes, I know, how devoted can I really be if I didn’t even watch it…but in my defense through the power of TV on DVD…I actually own most of those eps and didn’t feel I needed to watch them) However, I heard they showed some super cool promos from back in the day and I look forward to downloading them from You Tube in the near future.

That being said, in two days time comes the CW Network – the amalgamation of The WB and UPN. I have high hopes for this network which will now boast Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars on the same night! Talk about girl power! And Monday night’s, NKOTB favourite Donnie Wahlberg is full fledged grown up on the run from the law with his wife and kids in Runaway.

I’m sure lots of people will be excited that this new network will also be the home of 7th Heaven as it enters it’s eleventh season, but I personally just don’t get that show. Those kids seem way more screwed up than any normal family…and in fact half of them have left home…so how is it still 7th Heaven, it’s more like 4th Heaven or something…

http://www.cwtv.com/
lex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home