My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Long Weekend

So on Friday as I discussed weekend plans with Sherry and Julia over email, I distinctly remember offering to be DD because 'my liver needs a break and I didn't need those unecessary extra calories.' I started out on the right foot...but somehow along the way...3 bottles of wine later to be exact, that plan fell apart.

Friday night, everything is running smoothly as I am the DD. We hit Easy and the Fifth and had super fun times! We were on guest list, which was perfect because I am way to old to line up. I do not do lines. I will not let some power tripping bouncer decide when I can get into the club or if I'm hot enough for their establishment. Julia fell in love, and Sherry narrowly avoided starting a few bar fights with her drunken flailing arms, (but never fear, I had her back), Arnelle got to flash her wedding ring to get some dude off her back and Sabeen got to protect Karen from a guy with a lame ass pick-up line.

By the way, this is why I love Julia and Sherry, I think the picture speaks for itself.

Saturday night things started to fall apart. I was making dinner and catching up with Siva (who is 4 months preganant) and Arnelle. We made grilled chicken ceasar and feasted on my super awesome guacamole (thanks to Ange's receipe) and Siva offered me a glass of wine. A bottle later, it was suddenly 1:30 am and I was loooooaaaded! I finished an entire bottle all by myself! When Arnelle dropped me home I didn't even make it to bed...I woke up at 4:00 am on my couch and went to take my contacts out before finally crawling into my bed. Surprise! I had my glasses on...when the heck did I take off my contacts??? I still don't remember.

Sunday I could not function, I was out with my sisters and my dad and just could not keep up. We ended up cutting our shopping expedition (to the Dollar store and Price Chopper - we're big spenders!) short and I crashed on my parents couch in the middle of the day. When I woke up I felt a bit better and my dad was bbqing in the garage 'cuz it was cold and rainy, so I dragged a blanket out and curled up under the covers in a lawn chair while he and my sister Mel tried to convince me that the only way I was going to feel better was by drinking more.

Of course, as I always cave to sisterly peer pressure when Mel cracked a bottle of wine I couldn't say no to a glass. My uncles stopped by, and my sister's father-in-law dropped in and Mel and the men engaged in a few rounds of Dominoes...I couldn't drag my ass out of the lawn chair and just gossiped with my mom and Ashley while cheering on the winners of each round. Next thing I knew, it was 10:00 pm and Melissa and I had gone through 2 bottles of wine. That's a bottle each!

The fun thing about drinking with my sister are the insane conversations we sometimes...ok, always have. Last night was a great debate on the video hoochie - should they be appalled by the fact that some hip hop artists will require them to as my sister so eloquently put it 'suck it' to be the star of the video? Or should they realize that that's the way the business works and if they want in, shouldn't be surprised. Discuss amongst yourselves.

I think we also made New Year's Eve plans. Yes, New Year's Eve plans in September. You gotta start early.

As per usual, my mom had to giver her traditional 'I don't know why you girls drink so much and get to this stage' speech once I started teetering on my feet and finished it off with the 'you're just like your father's family' speech as I lay semi passed out on the couch.

Of course I couldn't drive home and slept in my old bedroom - but in a new bed as my parents are on a renovation kick and my old bedroom has become the new 'guest room'. They've had it remodeled with laminate flooring, blue walls, new windows (so the cold winter air doesn't howl into the room and make it virtually as cold inside as it is outside as it was for the 18 years I lived there!) curtains and new furniture. It looks way better than when I lived in it! Should I be offended???

Got home around 10:00 this morning - in time to see one of my top 5 - Justin Timberlake or JT as I fondly call him, on Ellen. Both Karen and my mom had left messages telling me he was on and that I should watch it. I love that everyone knows what's important to me!

Needless to say. The three bottles of wine I went through this weekend have taken their toll and I'm taking it easy today. Arnelle and I discussed checking out a movie so I have to give her a call and decide what we're going to see.

me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all - where is my photo from Easy?

Seriously offended. ;)

p.s NewYears Plans?

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would like to state i took that fabulous picture of Julia :)
arnelle

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, New Years plans, how can you say you made New Year's plans and didn't say what they were?

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home