My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

For the Sake of Fashion

Ok - so two beefs. 1. Why are my clothes so binding? I'm bloated and totally having a fat day...and I can't find anything to wear that is loose and breezy! Everything sticks to my big fat belly - it's really annoying. All I want is to hide under something lose and billowy...note to self, buy some loose clothing.

2. So my sister told me about her friend that got semi-permanent eyelashes put on and they look great! And they're so thick she doesn't even need to wear eyeliner or mascara! So I'm like yea! I have pretty much no eyelashes and I've tried a tonne of different mascaras and nothing seems to work...so, I'm going for it. Got them on yesterday...took about and hour.

And you should see me! They look so fake! I wanted them to be fluttery and pretty. They are hard and stiff. First of all thanks to all of the glue she coated on them, I can barely open my eyes...ok, maybe that's an exaggeration - but they are so heavy! And she put on the 'short' lashes...um...no one, has lashes this long in real life...I can't even imagine what medium and long would look like! So anyways - my sisters said they look fabu and I'm just weirded out 'cuz I never wear anything on my eyes ('cept a little eyeliner). Last night they were driving me so crazy though...I did a bad thing. I trimmed them...and now...even worse!! UGH! So now I'm stuck with the real hard and stiff glued on bits that look TOTALLY fake...the worse part is...they need to be removed professionally...I should have just left them...she told me they would feel weird for the first few days.

Anyways - thank god for sunglasses. My friend Karen is over and she says they don't look all that bad...perhaps just being a good friend? Anyways - my sister is getting them on today! Soon she'll see - soon she will understand the insanity!!

Maybe I'll take a picture of my eyes and post them...

me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you got fake eyelashes!! You are insane, honestly. Especially since you never wore mascara to begin with. Your sister is both your best friend and worst enemy when it comes to trying new things

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! Lex, you kill me! Luv the new blog! Especially luv today's note on the eyelashes! I'm sure you look beautiful!

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL LOL OMG!! Mel was telling me yesterday about the fake eyelashes!!! I HAVE TO SEE THEM!! WHERE IS THE PICS!!!? oh gosh..i have to call you now...
you don't want to buy loose clothing...no need...you're just going through a fat day today - that's all (LOL i just sounded like Meryl Strep!! from devil wears prada).
xoxo
arnelle and fred

6:09 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

please Please PLEASE post pictures! PLEASE.

OMG that was the longest alliteration EVER! all of those P's.. I'm a genius (except for the fact that I used the same word 4 times... ah well.)

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally need to see the pics....most of my DC friends have gotten them i thought they look quite fabu so i'm sure they do look good...why not be glam for a moment! And as for the loose clothing...don't you watch what not to wear and they ALWAYS say loose clothing make you look bigger and less shapy (or is it shaply) so though you feel like you're big you still have excellent curves keep to the fitted clothes please...i should be talking about feeling huge...I'm just getting into month 7 of pregnancy.
luv your cousin Yve

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home