Going Back
Whew. It’s been a busy week BUT I had last Friday and Monday off and I am pleased to report that I accomplished a few of the things on the list I posted last week. I still haven’t sat on Arnelle’s couch to watch a movie, but we did watch Desperate Housewives on Sunday…so I think that counts!
I had the funnest time on Saturday with some friends from University, Nicole and Nadine! They always make me laugh and they both live right here in Mississauga! I honestly don’t know why I don’t see them more often! However, I think we’ve fixed that by agreeing to (try) to meet up at the very least once a month for brunch at what we hope to become ‘our place’ Cora’s. If you have not gone for breakfast there – you must. It is so awesome.
Cora’s started in Montreal – my sister discovered it while she was living there. When they started opening up in Toronto she took me and my other sister and my mom for brunch and we love it. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day to go out for. Way more fun than going out for dinner. I never make the elaborate breakfasts, like crepes and eggs benedict and bacon and pancakes that you can get when you go out for breakfast. I’m more of a cereal and a cup of tea kinda girl.
I was reading in a magazine about how ‘retro exercise’ programs are back in style. Which means super fun things like roller skating! I used to be the roller skating queen. I literally lived on my roller skates one summer…very similar to Tootie in the early Facts of Life days! There’s a roller rink near my house that I have wanted to go to for years. I even talked about doing my thirtieth birthday party there (but when the actual day came around I was too depressed to do anything). Anyways – reading this article got me inspired to really go check it out. So, any joiners??? It’s called Scooters Roller Palace, Tuesday & Thursday nights are the adult skate or Sunday is ‘old school night’ which probably means super fun music!
me.

4 Comments:
I am in for roller skating...even though i totally suck!
xoxo
arnelle
I can't wait to do breakfast again!
karen
I'd go... but i'd have to figure how to get back into the "city"
I am soo in for roller skating I go to scooters all the time.
Nicole
Post a Comment
<< Home