A world without digital cable
I’m trying to be strong. But it’s hard. My PVR has died.
I don’t know how I survived without it before…but now I am totally dependent and I have no idea how to live without time shifting and US cable stations!
I can’t really talk about it, ‘cuz it hurts too much…but essentially, it’s a problem with a lot of PVR’s and Rogers doesn’t know how to fix it right now. They have advised that there is no point in returning the PVR because they problem will just start again so instead…I have had to unplug the cable box and live with basic cable until they call me and tell me the problem has been resolved.
AGH! The horror…you just can’t imagine.
me.

6 Comments:
Long Live The VCR! Sometimes new techonology isn't as reliable as old technology. And I know you're going to say "what about when the power goes out?" And this is what I have to say to that: "How often does the power go out? And how often in one week does your PVR not work?" TAKE THAT!
VCR Beta Forever!
oh LEX!! i totally understand!!! i remember when my pvr didnt record an episode of lost...i was so SAD!! but not to worry because i taped it on the vancouver chanel...i dont know what i would do with BASIC CABLE!!!! i feel for you!!! what the hell is wrong with ROGERS!!!?? they should be providing you a solution and basic cable is NOT a solution for your addiction....they cant just cut you off like cold turkey!!!
arnelle
thank you for your support arnelle.
Let me get this straight Arnelle - your PVR didn't work either so you "taped it on the Vancouver channel". People I rest my case. TAKE THAT!
VCR Beta Forever!
no! no! i meant i used the pvr to record it!!! not tape it!!
no VCR in my house!!!
I completely understand your dependance on Digi cable... i don't have PVR because time shifting alone seems to work for me... but man oh man... the pull to go to PVR is s.t.r.o.n.g!
Post a Comment
<< Home