My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

S.A.D: A self diagnosis

Seasonal affective disorder is kicking in. Earlier than last year it seems. I think it's been partially exacerbated by the fact that I have been sick and was forced to stay indoors for the entire weekend.

Whatever the case, thank goodness Jules and Sher invited me out for drinks last night. I was truly dreading coming home to my tiny apartment for yet another night of sitting on the couch flipping tv channels while simualtaneously surfing the web. I've honestly run out of things to look up on youtube.

And even though my PVR is full of recorded shows to watch, I just didn't feel like it. (You know it's bad when the prospect of a full night of uninterrupted tv viewing does not excite me.)

I know it's seasonal depression because according to wikipedia "At times, patients may not feel depressed, but rather lack energy to perform everyday activities" and quite frankly there are quite a few things I could be doing like - getting around to helping my cousin write her bio for work...or finally dropping off her kids Christmas presents...or going to the gym...or folding the laundry that's been sitting in a pile on my couch for three days now...and yeah, I could call a friend, but really and truly I have nothing to report...because I haven't done anything on account of the cold and the financial woes that greet you after the holidays.

And I can't remember the last time I wore my sunglasses. They're in my purse. But we haven't had enough sun in the mornings for me to warrant wearing them and thus far, it's still dark when I leave the office.

I'm ready for some sunshine. I'm ready to sit on a patio. To not dread driving somewhere because it means my car probably won't even be warmed up by the time I get there.

I know what I should do. What I should do is get my ass to the gym because working out gets those happy endorphins pumping. It even says so on wikipedia, "The blue feeling experienced by both SAD and SSAD sufferers can usually be dampened or extinguished by exercise and increased outdoor activity, particularly on sunny days, resulting in increased solar exposure."

But it's just so freaking cold out...or maybe I'm just lazy...

me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home