My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Working Girl

Last night I was excited to see that Working Girl was on TV. So I made a bowl of popcorn and settled in to watch it. It's one of those movies I never thought to buy on DVD...but whenever it's on TV, I have to watch it.

I've realized that without a doubt, one of the best opening sequences to a movie, EVER, is the opening to Working Girl.

For the first time ever though, I was able to actually follow the business deal she was working out with Harrison Ford's character, Jack Trainer. All the other times I watched the movie, I got the gist of what was going on, but now after being in the corporate world for almost 10 years, I actually get the whole story. Funny that you can watch a movie and never really 'get 'part of it.

On the other hand, I also realized how totally unrealistic their love was...or at least I found it hard to buy. When he told her he loved her I actually said out loud - "Oh please". What exactly did he know about this girl other than where she worked and that she was smart. He didn't know anything about her family or where she went to school, they'd known each other for all of a few weeks. But maybe that's my cynical side...

me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home