2006: A Year in Review
Sure there are all those exciting countdown shows on these days, and all the news shows are talking about the big events of the year - but lets focus on what really matters here, ME.
So without delay here is a year of Lexie:
Jan - after 7 long years I finally break free of GE and start a new position as Corporate Communications Manager at Somerset Entertainment. A really excting endeavour as it is different from anything I am used to career wise - a small music company, recently public, no established communications practices...lots of room for me to grow and be creative.
Feb - another valentines day comes and goes, in fact it is the 28th valentines day i have spent single (but who's counting)...Granny turns 80 with a bday party at my parents house, on the guest list? Some relatives I haven't seen in years. It's a small but classy affair.
Mar - it seems seasonal depression took it's toll and i did nothing fun this month. it was a busy one at work - we produced our first annual report and reported on our 2005 financial performance.
April - Arnelle went to the Phillipines...without my best friend I was incapable of accomplishing anything or so it seems, as nothing happened this month either. ;o)
May - NYC - watch out Big Apple, Lexie and her girls are on the loose! The highlight of our trip? (in my opinon) The Sex and the City tour where I get to sit on Carrie Bradshaw's front stoop - the very stairs she walks up after every big SATC night on the town. Oh - and seeing Dawn is defintely super fun too! My buddy Karrie is the first of my close friends to turn the big 3-0!
June - A little bit sad - after a super, super fun family bowling night in celebration of my dad's 52nd birthday...we get a phone call in the middle of the night that my brother-in-laws grandmother has passed away. They manage to revive her enroute to the hospital, but sadly the next day the family makes the decsion to let her go.
July - I spend the Canada Day weekend in Halifax with Angie and her mom! One more Candian city checked off my list. I really do love travelling in Canada. Vacations abroad are fun...but there is so much to see right here at home. It's awesome! It was also a month of parties as Siva, Arnelle and I all turn 30!...but also marked an emotionally unyielding month as Siva announces she is pregnant (yipee!) and Arnelle and I slip into bouts of depression on the impending 30 (boo!)...
August - I finally take a full week of vacation at the end of the month. I take the opportunity to start my blog, get fake eyelashes, and go on a day trip with Karen to the beach. We visit Chand in Windsor and I get Universtiy of Windsor travel mug - which I tote around with my tea every morning.
September - My baby sisters turns 23. Eeek. She's not a baby anymore! The new tv season starts (this is big for me) and I am overcome with the stress of trying to watch all of the new shows. I eventually must cut Friday Night Lights and The Nine from my viewing schedule. Runaway and Smith are cancelled, giving me a bit of a breather. And I just can't get into 30 Rock, Jericho, Studio 60 or Lost (thankfully). The keepers? Heroes, Ugly Betty and The Class.
October - Karen Jeet, the baby of our group finally turns 30. My work is huge on celebrating Halloween. We are divided into teams to compete and my team decides to do a take on the show 'Celebrity Duets' with our own halloweeny version: Dead Celebrity Duets. I am nomintated co-host of the program...a dead Judy Garland, (circa Wizard of Oz), dressed as zombie Dorothy complete with a dead Toto in toe. I attend Jen Batista's super fun wedding on the warmest Thanksgiving weekend I can rememeber! And Dawn comes 'home' to Toronto for a weekend visit!
November - After almost a year of draining commute which has clearly taken it's toll on my social life (hence this boring year in review) and my body (i've gained 10 lbs this year!)...I decide to leave Somerset Entertainment and I am offered a position with Siemens Canada - a GE competitor, based in Mississsauga, I am back to the corporate world of big business that I am used too. My cousin Yvette brings her second bundle of joy into the world, a boy this time and I have a hand (if I do say so myself) in deciding his name, Caleb.
December - Christmas is here! Woo-hoo! My sister Mel and Mikey (Arnelle's husband) turn 26. My mom hits 52 and I start my new job as Senior Communications Specialist just days before the Christmas holiday.
And there you have it.
Alright 2007 - bring it.
me.

2 Comments:
AWESOME monthly highlights Lex! Hard to believe so much can happen in a year! I wish you and everyone else a very happy and successful 2007!
Love y'all Karen
OH!!! this is the review you have been talking about! very fabulous!! 2006 was a very good year for you!! i am looking forward to 2007!! and this time turning 31 WILL NOT bring me down!
So...what's the "all girls" vacation spot for 2007?
xoxo
arnelle
Post a Comment
<< Home